Flu Clinics 2019 at Leigh View Medical Practice
Week 1: Walk In Clinics
- All eligible adults are strongly encouraged to attend one of the walk in clinics in week 1 for your influenza vaccination.
- We very much appreciate patients attending the GP practice rather than local Pharmacies for their flu vaccine, as stocks have been purchased for all eligible patients to have here.
For details of eligible patients see here.
Walk in clinic dates
- Tuesday 24th Sept From 11am -1pm
- Wednesday 25th Sept From 11am -1pm
- Friday 27th Sept From 11am -1pm
Appointments for children:
- Pre-booked appointments will be from mid-October onwards, once the delivery dates of the children vaccines have been announced.
- Children should not attend a walk-in clinic for their flu vaccine.
- Please keep checking the practice website for details of when the children’s appointments become available; or call reception on 0113 2537628.
For details of eligible children see here.
Anyone not available for walk-in clinic week:
- All patients are being strongly encouraged to attend one of the walk in clinics in week 1 wherever possible. Please ask at Reception for details of pre-booked appointments for anyone who is away for the flu clinic walk-in week.
- Home visits are possible for those who are physically unable to leave their homes. A waiting list for essential home visits for flu is being held by the Reception Team. If however you can get into a taxi or get a lift with a friend, please do attend the walk in clinic in week 1 if at all possible.
Care Home / Community Group Visits:
The Nurses will visit the following local care homes and Community groups.
Please note that any patient hoping to attend one of these group sessions MUST have pre-booked a place with the home/community centre’s co-ordinator :
- 2nd October: 10am Tingley Methodist Church
- 8th October: 8am Daisy Vale
- 8th October: 9am Dolphin Lane
- 9th October 10am Westerton Walk
- 9th October 11:00 St Michael’s Church
See leaflet attached: flu clinics 2019 for patients